Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Waitin' for our Miracles

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Waitin' for a Miracle




It happened today. It. It. It happened today. We sent it off. Fed Ex picked it up. A strange looking guy, a cross between Jon-Michael, who none of you know and Lupe', who none of you know, carried it away. I photo copied every bit of it. I put it in a folder and sealed it it up. I have its tracking number. I have the photocopies. It gets to Brentwood, Tennessee in the morning.

It is the beginning of our family. It is a toe, dipped in the murky water of international adoption. It is our future. It is a little packet of information. The last eleven years, condensed into seven pages of questions: medical, financial, personal.

For days, we have obsessed, fretted, disagreed, and worried over what we would put in it.

"Just answer the question."
"I did answer the question."
"Why are you asking me then?"
"I don't know."

That is the last few weeks wrapped up in a nutshell.

For a year, Maizy, our boxer has sat and looked out of our front window. "What is she looking for, " a thousand times I asked. I know now. I know what it is.

For all of you that have helped this far, and that will help in the days to come, thanks. Thank you. Thank you.

We will forget to say that, wrapped up in the journey that lies ahead. So again, as always, thank you all.

1 comment:

GG said...

Beautiful! Can't wait for more! ILY both! M