Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Waitin' for our Miracles

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Yes...We are still alive

If those of you who check our blog are still out there....
Yes, we are still here.


In the 75 degree December warmth.
All of you with the cute pictures of your children in the snow...I'm jealous.

I am not the writer in our family but he is a chef and it is DECEMBER. I haven't really seen him in weeks. I think he has worked 30 something straight days now. I am not nearly as humorous or well-spoken; however, by reading others I have begun to realize how important this blog is, so...I am going to give it a shot.

Over the past few months I have learned so much from reading all the blogs out there. Sometimes I sit and cry as I read the stories of unconditional love. Adoption is truely not for the fainthearted. God bless all of you.

We have a change to post. I know there is uncertainty in international adoption but the uncertainty in Kazakhstan is too much for us. When we originally decided to adopt we could not decide between Ethiopia and Kazakhstan. All we knew was that we want to adopt siblings. We decided on Kazakhstan but have just this week changed our minds. We have now settled on Ethiopia and are thrilled. We are still in the homestudy process so the change has not been a huge deal. Please keep us in your thoughts as you are in ours.

Jennifer

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Here's to the chef and the teacher! Here's to Ethiopia! Here's to next steps!

Quickie question- what grade do you teach?

Matthew Ruley said...

Congratulations on your decision! And yes, you do have readers!

Stacie said...

That's so great you've switched to Ethiopia! (Not to say Kazakhstan isn't great - I'm just biased toward Ethiopia :)

My husband was a chef for the first 6 years of our relationship - so I can completely relate! He jumped ship and now works normal hours, but I know he longs to go back to that crazy, high stress job someday! :)

Monica said...

Best wishes to you! I have read some very touching blogs on Ethiopia. Good luck with your journey!
:)
Monica